Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Letter for my 7months 4days old Athena Arlene Anand

After all the commotion in the hospital at 9.26pm on 18th September 2014  the Goddess Of Wisdom and War Athena Arlene Anand was born!!!  You’ll be my kryptonite from today onwards till my soul leave my body but never will it leave you my darling daughter Athena!!!
 
I learned today that your learning how to play and recognize everyone around you . Little GODDESS.  It really amazes me how much you’ve already touched my life.  I mean you’re already the center of my life, and I haven’t teach you  anything yet.  All my decisions I am making now and for the rest of our lives, will be made with you in mind.
I hope you somehow know that I’m already trying to be the best daddy for you.  I make sure that you drink enough milk. I make sure you get enough rest. It is quite mind boggling for me to think about how much you’ll have to learn after you are born.  I promise to teach you everything I can about anything you want to know.  Be curious about everything.  Ask me a ton of questions.  I’ll explain how things work, why the sky is blue, and if you ask me something that I don’t know the answer to and you’re young enough, I’ll even make something up so it sounds good.
Yes, of course daddy knows everything.
I hope to become your hero; someone you look up to.  I hope that you’ll never be afraid to tell me anything when you are a child or even older.  However, when you are a teenager and if you’re anything like how I was, I’d actually you prefer you to leave out some of those details because you’d make me a nervous wreck.
I hope to be the type of father you brag about to all of your friends about how ‘cool’ he is and I hope to inspire you to live a life that you love, and that you never ever let anything hold you back from reaching for the stars.Look at me.  I’m already jumping many years ahead of myself.  You’re just 7 months 4 days old.  But I also know that time goes by fast.
You’ll be here before I know it.  It wont be long before I’m here in my office working and I’ll be hearing you talking and singing.
And it won’t  be long before you’ll be big enough to walk up  to me  and give me a  big hug and say, I love you daddy.
It’ll be quite some time for you to really realize it, but you are going to be your daddy’s everything.  The center of my universe.  The core of my apple.  The middle of my Oreo cookies – which of course as everyone knows, the creamy middle is the best part.
My Baby Gurl.  You’re going to be loved by a lot of wonderful people and I already know that you’re going to have a lot of love to give in return because you came from the greatest Joe Lingam Family and we’ve been known to have a ‘whole lotta love’ going on.  
Changes are happening to me that just, well, it’s hard to put into words.  For me, I’ve noticed that I reflect on life more.  It seems that everyday I obtain a tiny bit more of an understanding of this whole thing we call life.  And I expect by the time you are grown up and I get to see you as a big girl, my understanding will become complete knowing.
At that very moment, everything will just make sense…
And the great thing is that you’ll have loving father who will do anything in the world for you.  Well, almost anything. Anyway, I’m just excited to see you wake up every single day in my life. Since your my Goddess, I’ll be buying you comfortable shoes and the best thing life has to offer for you!
  So many women wear heels and other shoes that look good, but kill their feet.  Why woman do that I’ll never ever know or understand.  But you’ll never have to worry; your daddy will always make sure you have very comfortable sneakers to wear.
You and I are going to have a lot of fun together.  I’ll always be doing things to make you smile.  It’s funny, I don’t know you much yet, but I just know that I’m going to love seeing you smile and I’ll be doing everything I can to see it as much as I can.
It’s funny how things work…
My life used to be just all about me.
Then, one day I met you on 18th September 2014 at 9.26pm,
and after that everything just change and my life became all about you !!!
And now that you’re here, My life is all about us.
I love you, and I can’t wait to spend time with you.
 (Written deep down with tears of joy flowing down my eyes)
Love,
Your Dad Pream Anand Tharmalingam aka DJ BABY JOE BLACK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home